Monday, November 12, 2007

November, 2007 (Post your responses here!)

Our first post!
Step 1.
Read over the rubric we will be using. You can find the link on the post entitled "Welcome!"

Step 2.
Read the posts entitled "Netiquette" and "Questions to Get You Started."

Step 3.
Choose one of the "Questions to Get You Started" and, well, get started!

When you post, please include an indication of the question you are answering. Please also include the title and author of the text so that others may easily locate it if they are interested.

I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

52 comments:

Anonymous said...

bedell14s said...
Ok! Hey classmates and Mrs.Bedell! I'm reading the book "Anansi boys" and it's terrific! I haven't gotten very far but it's about a boy nicknamed fat charlie, whose father recently died. He wasn't exactly close tto his father because of MANY embarrasing moments with him.
It's definately a comedy book. It's a fiction novel which includes some greek mythology. and I'll update some more once I've read further!

Sincerely,
bedell14s

(I think that's my screen name...)

P.S. Feel free to ask questions!

Anonymous said...

hello class i'm readin WE BEAT THE STREET. This is a very good book. It is inspirational and moditvating. Its about three kids who grow up in the ghetto and make a pact to join a pre-dental/pre-medical program. They make it even though they were faced with drugs, gangs, and violence. I found this book very informative and it gave me a new insight on how hard it is for some kids to make it to college and succeed in life. I would reccomend it to anybody looking for a good read , or somebody who wants to learn about how to overcome stuggles.
-bedell09j

Anonymous said...

Whats up Class and Mrs. Bedell? I am currently reading an educational book about money called Rich Dad Poor Dad. It is about a boys long life journey to learning about the different aspects of money. It was a little hard to understand at first but as you read on it becomes alot easier to comprehend.
This book can teach you about one of the few important things that you dont learn about in school, money. If you are looking for a educational, yet enjoyable, read, I highly recomend this book.

-sincerely bedell04p

Anonymous said...

In Repsponse to bedell14s, this sounds like a book that i might like to read becuse it is a fictional comedy book and i enjoy reading those type of books. Thanks for the post.


Sincerely,
bedell04p

Anonymous said...

Hey bedell04p! I'm glad you sound interested in my book! I've read more and it is getting better. WHile I don't want to spoil to much I just want to remind everyone that Anansi is a realy greek god and many aspects of him are in this book. (ex: spiders) and also in reply to bedell09j. I REALLY think that your story sounds good! Do you know where I could get a copy? On a scale 1-10 what grade would you give it?

Anonymous said...

hi everyone this is bedell15d...

I am currently reading a book call Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer, which is the third in a series of books (including Twilight & New Moon). This book is really intrigueing and fast paced. It's a fictional tale about a girl, called Bella, that moves in with her father (her parents are divorced) in a town called Forks where it hardly ever stops raining. There she meets a variety of strange "creatures" (vampires), one of whom she falls in love with. These books are addictive, and (in my opinion), almost better then the Harry Potter books. They're unique & well-written, but not cheesy/corny like some people think. I definitely reccomend this book to girls who love to read (I think guys would find this book a little too "girly").

-bedell15d

Anonymous said...

Hey this is bedell16j! I would use my name but there are creepy 40 year old guys who might see it. I read the book CUT. I found it interesting. So i wrote a song. It is a take off of Barry Manilow's Copacabana. Sorry Barry!

Her Name was Callie,
She was a Cutter,
With a knife in her hand and a family she couldn't stand,
She ran cross country all through the forest,
and while she wasn't very fast,
it still sucked being last
Her brother Sam got sick,
She got depressed real quick,
She cut her self galore,
she doesn't talk no more,

(Chorus)
At the treatment... treatment facility,
sick girls got peace and tranquility,
At the treatment... treatment facility,
Self mutilation was all the temptation,
at the treatment... she wouldn't talk,

Her Name was Callie,
She stole a pie plate,
she pushed it in her wrist,
until the room began to twist,
And when she finished, she fell over,
She had gone to far,
This was no small scar,
She had to get a shot,
It hurt a lot.
She felt she just had to talk,
who could she talk to?

(Chorus)
At the treatment... treatment facility,
sick girls got peace and tranquility,
At the treatment... treatment facility,
Self mutilation was all the temptation,
at the treatment... she would now talk,

Her name was Callie,
She was a cutter,
But that was long ago, when she was full of woe,
Now shes better but not her bro,
he still is sick and very weak from Asthma,
but his sis's well being is worth all the Drachma,
She sits there by her bed,
Waiting to pat Sam's head,
She Lost her happiness,
but now shes got it back

(Chorus)
At the treatment... treatment facility,
sick girls got peace and tranquility,
At the treatment... treatment facility,
Self mutilation was all the temptation,
at the treatment... she now would talk,

don't cut yourself
treatment facility,
treatment facility


WOOOOO, well that took a LONG time to do. I hope you like it. Here is what it should sound like....


http://video.google.co
m/videoplay?docid=-220157
5215702162450&q=copacabana
&total=5601&start=0&num=10
&so=0&type=s
earch&plindex=1

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!!
I am reading a book that mostly everyone in the class has probably read. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" Many people have told me how good all the Harry Potter series are, so I finally decided I would start reading them!! I'm only on the seventh chapter right now. But I love already all the imagination and thought the author J.K. Rowling put into to writing this story. If you havent read Harry Potter books, I highly reccommend that you do. The beginning is so good I haven't wanted to put my book down!!!

sincerely,

- bedell13m

Anonymous said...

wassup!! I am reading a really weird but really good book called the Supernaturalists. It's about this boy who, in the beginning, is in an orphanage that pretty much abuses the kids by "experimenting" on them. For example one day they tested some new antiperspirants on the kids. To do this, thekid's legs were sectioned off with rings of tape and a variety of antiperspirants were sprayed on the skin. The orphanes then had to test the products by running 5 miles. (i left my user name in my locker so for now its gonna be 'sobby')

Anonymous said...

hey guys-
i'm reading this book called Rabble Starkey by Lois Lowry. It sounds really weird because of the name, but so far it's pretty good. It's about a girl named Rabble. Her mother and her moved in with a family as a live-in nanny type of person. She becomes best friends with the girl and the house, Veronica. Veronica's mom is depressed and tries to kill her son. Verpnica is really upset and wants to eliminate her from her family tree... Thats as far as i've gotten...i'll post with what happens!
-bedell08m

Anonymous said...

Hey class!
Im currently reading a book called "Black and White" It's about 2 boys that live in New York city. One (Black) lives on the not so good part of town and the other (white) lives on the better side. The two are best friends and the attend the same high school. The both needed extra money and decided too rob inocent people on the steet. The story talks about is the goverment system always fair? I abosoulty love this book and its one of my favs!!
bedell20k

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody!!

I just finished reading the book "Among the Hidden". It is fiction and by Margret Peterson Haddix. This book is about life around 100 years in the future, where life isn't much different except for one small thing. Families are only allowed to have two children, and if they do have a third child, they have to kill it. Furthermore, anyone caught hiding a "third child" is also killed. Of course "rules are made to be broken", and there are parents who keep their kids alive. This book illustrates the life of a third child named Luke, who spends the first twelve years of his life in hiding. That is, until he meets another third child named Jen who completely changes his world. This book is full of action and suspense, which I thought made it a great read. Anyone who likes this author or fiction of any kind should read this book and the rest in the series.

-bedel8e

Anonymous said...

Me again...

I'm responding to "sobby's" blog on the Supernaturalists. I read that book a while ago while on an Eoin Colfer reading spree. Anyway, it's a really great book with a great plot. If anyone's read the Artemis Fowl series, this book has a different feel to it and is science fiction as opposed to fantasy, but is still as gripping and well written.
Read it!!!
-bedell18e

Anonymous said...

Hey!! just an update on my book! Well so far "fat charlie" has discovered his brother and several interesting events have happened since then. Umm... So.. yeah.. Oh!! and "fat charie's" brother calls himself by the name of Spider and this is basically his life motto. Wine, Women, and Dancing... IN THAT ORDER!! Well that's gonna be my last little comment for my book on this post.

Oh!! and one more thing... Bedell16j??? please lighten up!! You scare me with your depressing posts!

Anonymous said...

Here's another post by me...

I have recently finished the Alex Rider series. I'd tell you about them all, but that would take too much time, so here is my review of no. 1, Stormbreaker.

Alex Rider is a 14 year old kid who lives in England with his uncle and their American housekeeper, Jack. Alex's uncle is the coolest. He teaches Alex five languages, martial arts, and how to do all kinds of extreme sports.
But one day, Alex's uncle dies. The police say it was a car accident, which Alex thinks is odd because his uncle Always wore his seatbelt. When Alex sees bullets in his uncle's car, his suspicions are confirmed. Shortly after, M16-the spy network Uncle Ian worked for, contacts Alex, tells him that his uncle was indeed a spy and that Alex has to take his place.
Alex is then launched unwillingly into a series of events that involve a vengeful madman, all the kids in England, and a really cool computer.

Anyone who likes action or spy stories (or England, jk) should read this series. This first book will get you hooked, and all the other books are even better. You might have seen the movie, and I promise you, the books are just as cool.

(oh gee...sorry 'bout the length. Now I'm glad I only did one book.)

Anonymous said...

Hello again.

Bedell15d, those books sound good. I'd like to read them. Does our library have them? I'd also like to make a suggestion. Have you read The Mediator series? If not, you should. Its kind of the same thing, only its a girl who can see and talk to ghosts, and she falls in love with one. If you have, just answer my first question.

Thx
Bedell18e

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
I just finished reading the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. (Uglies, Pretties, and Specials.) They were so good, I couldn't put them down! The books take place in a dystopic-like society where everyone gets an operation at age 16 to become pretty. Once you become pretty, you move away from Uglyville and into New Pretty Town where all you're expected to do is have fun.
In "Uglies", the main character Tally, is about to turn 16 when she meets a girl named Shay and becomes her best friend. Shay decides she doesn't want to become pretty and runs away to a place called the Smoke, where people live out in the wild and never get the operation. When Special Circumstances, (a feared group of people controlling the city), ask Tally to go find Shay, she is faced with a hard choice. Special Circumstances has threatened to never turn her pretty if she doesn't find and betray Shay, but if she stays in the city she will be ugly for life.
I highly reccomend this book series to everyone!!
Sincerely,
bedell10e

Anonymous said...

I back class and Mrs. Bedell. The other day i was reading a Carolina Panthers magazine with an interesting article about retired Carolina safety Mike Minter. It talked about his life outside of football and all of his business aspirations. I learned about all the different businesses that he owns and what he does to help out his community. If you ever have a chance to read the magazine, i would highly reccomend it. You can find out all kinds of interesting information about the players from the Panthers and even the Cheerleaders.


-bedell04p

Anonymous said...

In response to one of the earlier entries, i agree with bedell09j's reccomendation on We Beat the Street. I read that book last year and it was great. Im sure you'll all enjoy it.

_bedell04j

Anonymous said...

hey its bedell15d....

in response to a response from bedell18e....
i think the twilight series is in our library, or at least the first and most recent books are. However, i know several people who own the books and i'm sure would be happy to lone you a copy...besides mr.tovell probably has it if the library doesnt :)

as for the mediator series, i've heard of, but never read them. i know they're in the library...maybe i'll check them out sometime.

sincerely,
bedell15d

Anonymous said...

hey its bedell15d again...

in response to bedell10e...
i just wanted to say that i really loved the uglies series too, but its not finished. scot westerfeld just published the new addition to the series, extras. its a little different because it is no longer from tally's perspective (but don't worry, she's still in it) and it takes place in a different city with entirely new people. i own the book nad have already read it, so if you want to borrow it you can. just let me know :)

sincerely,
bedell15d

Anonymous said...

I am reading the book "Fat kid rules the world," by K.L. Going. It is about this kid named Troy. The book starts out with him standing on the edge of a subway platform, thinking of jumping off the edge and killing himself. A boy named Curt MacCrae stops him from killing himself and makes Troy buy him lunch. Curt turns out to be a guitar god. Throughout the book Troy and Curt become friends and they decide to form a band in which Troy is supposed to be the drummer. The only problem is, Troy can't play the drums. Troy changes a lot from the beginning of the book to the end. He becomes much more self-confident and less depressed. This is an amazing book.
Sincerely,
bedell05s

Anonymous said...

In response to bedell14s, thanks for posting about "Ananzi boys." It sounds like a really good book, so I will probably read it. I really like comedies and I'm wondering how you can include greek mythology into that.
Sincerely,
bedell05s

Anonymous said...

HEY HEY HEY!!!

In response to bedell10e. I'm sooo glad you read the uglies series. I read the first book "uglies", for book club. It is so exciting I didn't want to put my book down ethier!! I still need to read the other books, which are probably as good as the first. Which one of the three did you like the best? WRITE BACK!!!

Sincerely,

bedell13m

Anonymous said...

Hey again!!!!

In response to bedell18e. "Among the Hidden" sounds exactly like a book I would want to read!!! That would really stink if you were born as the 3rd child and your life was just taken away. I wonder if you could have a 3rd child and just give them to a friend, that didn't have any children. Well, thanks for the post and I can't wait to check out the book very soon!!
sincerely
bedell13m

Anonymous said...

hey guys!!!!!!!
Well i was just responding to bedell18e's review of the Alex Rider series. First of all that was a REEEEAAAAAALLLLYYYY good review(not that im surprised), and it sounded like it was on the back of a published book. Also it told about the background information without giving away too much of the story. Good job!!!
well anyways, it sounded like a fantastic book and really exciting. I'll be sure to read it when i get a chance.
From,
bedell22l

Anonymous said...

hey guys its me again.....
Well, i just read the book- 13 Little Blue Envelopes. It was a book about a girl who receives 13 little blue envelopes(obviously) from her dead aunt with mysterious tasks in them. These envelopes turn her from an unnoticed, average girl, into an interesting and fun to be around girl. During her trip, she meets new friends, falls in love, and even loses all of her belongings, leaving her in despair.
How is she getting envelopes from her dead aunt and why does she want her to go around the world doing random things that seem to serve no purpose? Find out in the book....
your buddy,
bedell22l

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I am writing this comment in El Paso, Texas and it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to write this comment. Anyway, the book I'm reading is Stephen King's "Skeleton Crew". "Skeleton Crew" is a book of scary short stories and one novel length story called "The Mist"(yes, this is the same "The Mist" as the one in theaters).
The Mist was a scary, interesting story. One day after a huge lightning storm, while everyone is buying food and essentials at the supermarket, an incredibly thick mist comes and people are then trapped in the super market. Some of the people begin to realize that this mist is not of this world. Others have their own theories and these theories start driving people a little crazy. But there is one thing that almost everyone is sure about. There are things in the mist. Horrifying things. Things so horrifying it's impossible to believe they are real. But after a while, things inside the supermarket get scarier than the things outside the supermarket. The ending of this story was incredibly disappointing to me. I won't ruin it, but it's like only one step of the problem was finished. For example, lets say Dora the Explorer had to cross the widest river, go over the tallest mountain, and go through the candy cane forest. It was equivalent to Dora crossing the river and the just stopping.
The next story was called "Here There Be Tygers". To make a long story short a boy in Britain has to go the bathroom and was embarrassed in front of the girl he has a crush on by his hag of a teacher. He goes to the bathroom and finds a tiger in the bathroom. His friend finds him standing out in the hallway scared out his wits with his bladder ready to explode. He tells his friend there is a tiger in the bathroom and of course, he doesn't believe him. So his friend goes in the bathroom and gets eaten. The tiger is in the back of the long bathroom, so the boy decides he is going to pee in the closest sink. He's been gone a long time now so the teacher goes to check on him and sees him peeing in the sink. After giving him a stern talking to she wants to know where his friend is. So she goes deeper into the bathroom and gets eaten. Not knowing how to feel, the boy just walks out of the bathroom. Though I didn't like the story too much, Stephen King's could write the story so you really felt like you were in Britain. He knew all the British lingo so you felt like the story was happening.
The third story of this book is called "The Monkey". "The Monkey" is about a man who's child finds a wind up monkey that has basically destroyed this man's childhood. If the monkey is wound up and it claps its symbols, than someone close to the person who wound it up will die. After almost everyone close to the man died when he was a child, he dropped the monkey down a dry well hoping to never see it again. But now, as I have said earlier, the monkey is back and is pissed. What will happen when the monkey and him are reunited? Read and find out. Stephen King is such a good writer I actually pity this fictional character. He has had his childhood destroyed by this little wind up monkey. His mother died. His babysitter died. His brothers best friend died. All because of the monkey.
"Cain Rose Up" is the fourth story of this book. I don't think I was able to understand it well but maybe if you read it you would. Anyway, it seems to me that for no reason at all, a guy named Curt Garrish just locked the door to his room, pulled out a gun, and just started shooting people on the campus of a college for no reason. I don't really get this story at all. The only explanation I can think of is that he was insane.
It's time for story number 5, "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut". This is a story of a man telling another story about Mrs. Todd and her shortcut. Mrs. Todd liked driving but she didn't like the time it took. That is why she lived shortcuts. Even if it would save 1/4 a mile she would take it. She always said if you can save miles than you can save time. One day she took up the task of finding a fast way from Castle Rock to Bangor, Maine. The way most people go from Castle Rock to Bangor, Maine is 156.4 miles one way. But with one straight line connecting Bangor and Castle Rock it would measure out to be 79 miles. She began finding shortcuts and soon she was different. She looked more wild and free. But the major difference was that she looked younger. One day she came back from one of the trips to Bangor and there were things on here car that were like something out of a sci-fi story. There was a weed that was alive and moving on the wheel of the car. A moth the size of a sparrow was dead on the windshield. But worst of all there was something hanging on to the car by its teeth. It looked like some sort of a cross between a woodchuck and a weasel, but it had huge claws, needle-like teeth, and horrible yellow eyes. And on the special odometer she had for measuring the length of trips it said 31.6 miles. Two weeks later she disappeared. After he finished his story(this is very hard to explain so I'm going to make it short) he went to live with Diana, wherever she may be. This story is very interesting and it made me very curious of this weird(what I guess I will call it) dimmension. All of these animals from this dimmension seem very odd, especially the weed. Stephen King gave the weed personification literaly. It is not described as a moving, living object, it is a moving, living object.
This is my last story for you with this comment, and it is entitled "The Jaunt". It is about a man, his wife, his son, and his daughter ready to jaunt, which is a form of teleportation. To pass the time the man tells his children the history of the jaunt and a little about it. When it was first invented objects go jaunt fine but when animals went through it awake almost every one died. But when they went through it asleep they survived. They decided to try it with people, six going trough asleep, one going through awake. The six were fine but the one who went through awake emerged with white hair and said "it was eternity in there" and then fell over dead with a heart attack. Once he was done telling his children about the history of the jaunt they were all put to sleep. I don't want to tell you what happens when the man wakes for two reasons. One, I don't want to ruin the ending for you. Two, I don't think I can tell you. It is just really weird.
That is all for now. Thanks for reading.
Signing off,
Bedell25j

P.S. donut

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I am responding to bedell10e about the Uglies series. I just wanted to say two things. One, I think the book Uglies was pretty cool. It was a very good book. Two, i am pretty sure they made a fourth book to that series names Extras. I heardd it was about life after the whole pretties society got torn down and now it is all about popularity. Someone double check me on this.

Donuts rock,
bedell25j

Anonymous said...

Hey!
In response to bedell13m:
I definitely liked Uglies the best out of the first three books in the Uglies series. Pretties and Specials are both really good, but not as good as Uglies. Tally changes a lot, and it is a little hard to get used to some of the changes. The end of Specials disappointed me a little because it was a little unclear how things turned out for some of the characters. There were also some things I was expecting to happen and wanted to happen, that never did. If you liked Uglies you should read Pretties and Specials.
bedell15d-
Thanks for offering to let me borrow Extras!! It sounds really interesting, and I'm glad Tally is still in it. Thanks for responding!
Sincerely,
bedell10e

Anonymous said...

hey guys!
this is in response to Eclipse by bedell15d. (even though it's not November)
Eclipse sounds like a really good book. I watched you read it in about a week nonstop, so it has to be pretty good! I actually read another series involving Vampires called Vampire Beach (by Alex Dunn), but they were a little less serious then this one sounds. I really like face paced books so i think it should be good. I'll let you know if I read it!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Im writing a comment to bedell09j...
the book your reading..WE BEAT THE STREET..sounds like the book im reading...I think the plots are the same but there is different types of people that grew up in the same area.
I think that these books are very good and inspirational as well.

Anonymous said...

hey this is bedell23s
i agree with bedell 10 those books are really good and I really recomend them because they are really cooland hard to put down.

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody,
this in response to bedell10e:
I haved read the Uglies series and I thought it was really great.It hooked me and wouldn't let go.I recomend it for people who like an engaging story.
I'm a little bummed about the fact that another one is coming out ccalled extras, I meaan how desperate are you for new names.
Sincerly,
bedell27t

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I'm read ing the naked god, a pretty hard to understand sci-fi novel, and I don't really understand it yet.It is about the fact that humans have immortal souls and the are fleeing the beyond to possess human bodies.
bedell27t

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Well I am reading the book Faultline by Janet Tashjian and it is really good so far. Im close to finishing and its turned out to be one of the best books I've read. This book is about a 18 year old girl that is trying to be a comedian while also tryign to juggle a new boyfriend and finding a college to go to. When her career in comedy was starting to take off, her boyfrind Kip starts to change her life forever. She lives in denial while she slowly dies away. Her boyfriend abuses her both physically and verbally while she doesnt tell a soul.
Something i thought was different about this book is that the climax is around the middle of the book and tne resolution is veru long. Im not finished yet but I cant wait.
~bedell17m~

Anonymous said...

To bedell10e:
Yeah, the Uglies book is really good. Unfortunately, after the first book, the series steadily progresses downhill. It gets steadily worse, ending with Extras, which in my opinion is a terrible book. But hey, you guys should still try it. I'm probably wrong. --bedell21e
P.S.----- Thanks to bedell 15d for loaning me extras:)

Anonymous said...

This is a response to bedell10e,
Well i read Uglies and now I was debating on if i should read the next 2 books. Since i know you liked the Uglies and you said that the next 2 books are good then I will definitely look into reading them. Thanks Bedell10e
~bedell17m~

Anonymous said...

Hey!
In response to bedell18e-
I read the Shadow Children series, and I completely agree with you about how good the book are and how suspenseful they are. It was so hard to put my book down, I just wanted to keep reading! If you haven't already read the rest of the series you definitely should. Each book gets better and better. If you like Margaret Petterson Haddix, you should read "HOuse on the Gulf" and "Double Identity".

-bedell10e

Anonymous said...

Bedell07s

I just read a really good book called All Rivers Flow To The Sea By Alison McGhee. It is about a 17 year old girl named Rose who was in a car accident with her sister Ivy. Ivy is now in a coma and the doctors say that there is nothing they can do to help her. The book is all about Rose's journey to accepting the fact that her sister is gone and that she needs to start her life over without her.

This is a pretty short novel, but it is beautifully written. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a sad, and touching story.

I hope you like it!!

Anonymous said...

In response to Bedell22l

I hav also read the book Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes and would suggest this book to anyone who likes books about travel and adventure.

Hope you all like it!!

Anonymous said...

Response to Bedell15d

I have also read the Twilight series and LOVED them. They are EXTREMELY fast passed and are impossible to put down. I would suggest these books to any one who like fiction, such as Harry Potter,(even though I think these books are WAY better).

Well i hope you all like them as much as I have !

Anonymous said...

i think this is my username... it took forever to get to this page. my computer has been disconnected. =X
anyways, im reading the book My Sisters Keeper. it is the struggle of a young 13 yr old girl who was born for the sole perpose of saving her sister. her sister, Kate, has accute lukhemia(Spell.?)
Anna, the main character, was born with the exact genes so that she could give chord blood and eventually bone marrow. Her mother forcered her to give chord blood, blood from the chord that connected her to her mother, to kate the day she was born. I personally think that's extremely wrong.

Anonymous said...

in response to bedell16j,kust looking at that song, it must have taken a while to write. i actually looked up the song link posted and could tell a resemblence. good job!I have also read that book, and that helps the song make a little more sense. the only thing i dont get is how you mixed copacabana and cutter?

Anonymous said...

hey this is in response to bedell22l.

that book 13 Little Blue Envelopes sounds interesting. i think i might read it. How can she keep getting letters from her dead aunt. Well I'm working on a new song so prepare your selves.

Anonymous said...

I'm responding to bedell18 and their comment on "Among The Hidden". I'm responding to you because I just finnished another book by Margret Peterson Haddix and loved it. According to this blog the book seems like its just as good as the one i read by Margret. Have you read "Don't You Dare Read Thid Ms. Dunphrey"?
Its another great one by Margret Peterson Haddix. Any one else reading this comment who hasn't read anything by her you should. Shes a great author.
~bedell06e

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...
This is bedell06e.
I read the book Don't You Dare Read This Ms. Dunphery. This book is written in diary form. It is the diary of a girl in high school who comes from a poor family. Her Dad leaves the family and she is forced to get a job and take care of her little brother.
What I noticed about the writers style (question 3) was that the fact that this was written in diary form made the story much more interesting and intriguing to read. The story moved quicker and was much more realistic because the author wrote in this style. It also showed the emotion much clearer.
This book was suspenseful and quick to read. This book is great for readers our age and i recommend it to who evers reading this. Well thats it for now...
~bedell06e

Anonymous said...

Hey people!

I finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (5th in the Harry Potter series.
Harry Potter is the best series ever written, and if you have not read it, I HIGHLY recommend you do. The fifth book is one of the best in the series. Umbridge, who works in the Ministry of Magic for Fudge, has become the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts. She tries to pretty much take over the school, depriving Harry of the things that make life at Hogwarts fun; quidditch, visits to Hogsmeade, and talks with Sirius. Nevertheless, Harry forms a secret illegal Defense Against the Dark Arts group called Dumbledore's Army, in which he teaches his fellow students defensive spells that Umbridge has refused to teach them. Meanwhile, Harry is troubled by dreams that end in corridors and locked doors, pains from his scar, and occlumency lessons.

This book is written spectacularly--J. K. Rowling does a really good job of describing characters and their actions. She makes you really hate Umbridge, and keeps you guessing what will happen next. Another great thing about the way JKR writes is that even though HP is a fantasy book, she manages to make it feel like realistic fiction. I know this sounds crazy but once you read these books you'll know what I'm talking about.

Okay... if you have not read the Harry Potter Series (in which case, you must be insane) STOP HERE.
You have been warned... SPOILERS AHEAD!

Another thing--this doesn't necessarily relate to just the 5th HP book, but to the series as a whole--JKR's writing changes a lot from book to book. The plot also gets a lot more confusing, and the books aren't so happy and kiddy anymore. It's almost as though the books mature with Harry! For example, in the first book, the only big problem is Quirell/Voldemort (who Harry thinks is Snape) trying to steal the Sorcerer's Stone. At the end everything is pretty mush resolved and happy; Gryffindor wins the house cup at the last second, Quirell is defeated, and Draco Malfoy is put in his place! However, as the books progress, the endings become not-so-resolved, to the point where they are really sad.

Although I have read the 5th HP before, it is just as good every other time you read it. You seriously do pick up more things, and now that I have read the seventh book (which reveals a number of new surprising things) I've noticed some small hints J. K. Rowling put in the book... they foreshadow these upcoming surprises in the vaguest way. One example of these would be when Harry, Ron, and Hermione are in the Hog's head. When Harry first sees the barman, it says "He was tall and thin and vaguely familiar to Harry." What this is hinting at is that (as you find out in the seventh book) the barman is really Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth.

I could go on for hours, but you are probable immensely bored so I will stop. Again, if you have not read these books I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you do.

Thanks for reading!
HARRY POTTER RULES!
(I know, I'm an HP Freak)
--Bedell01L

Anonymous said...

sup everyone. yeah I know this is extremely last minute but oh well. I'm reading a really good book called Away Laughing on a Fast Camel by Louise Rennison. It's a humorous book that tells about the daily life of a girl named Georgia Nicolson. She is in middle school and has do deal with the daily dramatics of her friends and family. Its a really funny fiction book thats part of a series, but I've just started reading them.

for now,
bedell12a

Anonymous said...

In response to bedell18e...

I have heard about Among the Hidden but never got around to reading it... it sounds really interesting! I find that even though science fiction in general doesn't appeal to me that much, I usually like a book that a fellow classmate recommends! I also read your post recommending the mediator series to bedell15d. I've read some of those books, and I liked them as well, so I definitely trust your judgment! I will be sure to check this book out of our library!

Thanks for the recommendation!

--Bedell01L

Anonymous said...

Hey this is bedell23s
In response to bedell16j I really like your song. Well it's kind of sad but it sounds like you took a lot of time to make it up. I think that maybe one day I will read cut when I have free time. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

IN RESPONSE TO Bedell01L
I read your blog and thought that you made Harry Potter just sound like the best book ever...I've read like the first few pages of the 1st book when I was younger and didn't find it all that interesting.
Is this really a book that I should look into??
~Bedell20K