The posts here are posts that did not respond to the prompt I asked, but instead were posts about favorite books. I have moved them because they were potentially confusing for other students who were looking for response opportunities. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the materials you are reading, but please remember to read the prompt before you post.
This posting option will remain open as a place to discuss favorite books, but it is a non-credit posting. (*I will give credit to 21e for the response I moved over.)
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Anonymous said...
hey guys this is bedell24l, and i'm reading the first Harry Potter for a second time.
As you all know, in the beginning of the book Harry is a ten yea old kid who's parents were murdered.
Okay, so I'm at the part where Harry Potter has arrived at his boarding school, Hogwarts. There is a hat that they have to try on in order to know which house he will be in(for all of you that haven't read Harry Potter, a house is like the teams in eighth grade(falcons, hawks, and eagles). Earlier in the book, Harry meets a boy with a bossy attitude that struck Harry as snobby, mean, and cruel to others. that boy is srted into the Slytherin house where the wizar who killed Harry's parents was sorted into. Harry's turn finally comes and the sorting hat takes a while to decide. The entire time, Harry is hoping badly that he won't be sorted into Slytherin. The hat realizes this and assures Harry that he would do well in Slytherin. After some time he makes his decision and declares Harry to be in...
Those of you who haven't read Harry Potter wil have to read it to figure out what hapens next(although most of you probably alreadyknow)
Harry's goal is to learn fast so he will not be far behind the others who have been around magic teir whole life. Everybody that he has talked to already knows some spells and are anxieous to get the year started. Harry has never been exposed to magic and desn'tknow any spells or anything really about the magic world, he feels he is below everyone else and hopes he won't be too embarrased.
ANY AND ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE NOT READ THESE SERIES I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM. THEY ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THE MOVIES :)
February 6, 2008 8:28 PM
bedell18e said...
hey everybody.
I realize that this won't count as a post, but i just wanted to promote this series. The Mediator is a series by Meg Cabot (and yes, its in our library). They are about a sixteen year old girl named Suze who is a mediator. This means she alone can see, talk and touch ghosts. As cool as that sounds, she really doesn't like her ability and wishes she was normal. The first book in the series, Shadowland starts you off on Suze's "journey". She has just moved to California with her mom and new stepdad. Unfortunatly, her new life isn't exactly perfect. She has trouble making friends, her stepbrothers are obnoxious, and, oh yeah, she falls in love with the ghost living in her bedroom.
I think that anyone who liked the Twilight series will enjoy this series, so go read them ASAP.
P.S. Everyone else should give it a go too. Its unlikely, but possible for a guy to enjoy. :)
Happy reading!!!
Anonymous said...
Hey guys its 21e again. 24l, those are good books, even though they are not as good as you and the rest of the Harry Potter gang think it is. I had never thought about it, but the teams at Hogwarts are a lot like the teams here at AL Stanback. Can you think of any other similarities between Hogwarts and home?
Harry Potter is not really that good. I do not understand what your obsession is all about, with your dumb "book wars" and all. I think that the books are ok, but not as amazing as bedell01l and bedell22l think they are.
Bedell24l said...
HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY gUyS!!!
bedell24l speaking!!!
tHiS iS iN rEsPoNsE tO aLoT oF YoU!!!
Okay, so first, in response to bedell01l, you are reading A Corner of the Universe, and it sounds really good. I read it one time a while ago but I don't really remember it. Should I read it again?
okay now in response to bedell03a, you asked if you should read the uglies series and I totally think you should. It is like the perfect blend of emotions and keeps you wanting to continue reading. TRUST ME ON THIS!!!
And finally, I am looking for good science fiction book beside harry Potter. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS???
bedell22l said...
hello everyone!
ok this is bedell22l.
ok well harry potter series is of course the best books ever. I have no idea what you twilight weirdos are thinking.
But anyways i am here to talk about the Abby Hayes series. There are almost twenty of them and they are about 150 pages each. I used to love them with i was in elementary school. It is about a girl named Abby Hayes and she starts in the fifth grade and at the end of the series is in the eigth grade. She writes in her journal a lot and you get to see what she writes in it. You also get to see what the really happens in her life as it happens . She goes through a lot of stuff, particularly in middle school, and she usually finds a way out of it in the end though. So yeah ou should read them if you're a girl and you need a short book to read. The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes by Anne Mazer.
HHhhaaaaapapappapapappppyyyyyyy STSTSTSTSTSTSTSTSTSTSTSTst
PATATIRIICKCKKSKSKSKCAPALCLCKCKCKSS
DSYADSYADSYADYSDAYSDYADSYAY!!!!!!!
PS. haRRY potter RULES!!
http://hpisthecoolest.blogspot.com
For any Harry Potter freaks!!!
(Don't look at it if you haven't read all the books).
Harry Potter Rocks!!!!!!!
Post a Comment