For this post,
1. Interview three people (not classmates). Find out what their favorite poems are and why.
2. Read at least one of the poems yourself and respond to it.
3. Post the results of your interview and your reading here. Incude citation information so your classmates can find the poems as well.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
hello fellow classmates of mrs. bedell!
Anyways i am going to do the interview with three people on their favorite poems.
First i interviewed my mom. She said "The Raven" was her favorite poem because even though it was sad, it had a very deep meaning that made you think a lot. You can find this poem at http://theroadlesstraveled.wordpress.com/category/edgar-allan-poe/
Then i interviewed my aunt. She said her favorite poem was "Goodbyes are Harder than Hellos" by Danielle Hodgkins. She says this is her favorite poem because everyone could relate to it and it describes what teenage love is like. She said that her high school experience was somewhat like what the person in the poem's experience was like. You can find this poem at http://www.netpoets.com/poems/teenlove/1463001.htm
Last, i interviewed my dad. He said that his favorite poem was "Palindrome" by Paul Curtis. He said that this is his favorite poem because it is a funny poem that on each line it is a palindrome. This means it can be read both backwards and forwards. "It doesn't really have a meaning", he said, "but i think it's cool how Paul Curtis thought of all those palindromes to put in the poem." You can find this poem at http://www.peculiar-poetry.com/paul-curtis/funny/humorous-poems/01hp-09-palindrome.htm
I read the palindrome poem by Paul Curtis. I thought it was awesome how he thought of so many palindromes to put about a certain topic. It is eight lines, about five words each, and each one works perfectly. It is probably one of my favorite poems also.
bedell22l
hey there...
so, i am commenting on bedell22l's post. Good job putting up your results on the blog without making it a page and a half long. also, i went and read all of your poems and i think your family has very good taste. :)
in response to bedell22l's post...
i have never read any of those poems, but i think i will now! the most interesting one i think is the palindrome poem your dad liked. i've never heard of anything like it, and i think it might be my new favorite poem. speaking of which, i was wondering what you favorite poem is, but i think i'll just look at the other march posting to find out :)
Hey guys!!!
I decided to interview my family members to find out what their favorite poems are.
The first person I interviewed was my mom. She said her favorite poem was "Peanut-Butter Sandwich" by Shel Silverstein. She chose this poem because she thinks it gives a good message while also being very entertaining. The message it sends is that sometimes even the most simple things (in this case a peanut-butter sandwich)are what truely make us happy. This can be true even with a king. This poem can be found at http://jdsaenz1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/pbpoem.html
The second person I interviewed was my sister. She said her favorite poem was "Nap Taker" by Shel Silverstein. She said she likes reading this poem and thinks it's really funny. She also likes the way it plays around with the words. You can find this poem at http://www.qu-i-x.com/naptaker.html
The last person I interviewed was my dad. He said his favorite poem was "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe. He likes the meaning of this poem as well as the rhythm and mood of it. This poem can be found at http://www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literature/Lore/TheRaven.html
I read "Peanut-Butter Sanwich" by Shel Silverstein. I really liked this poem and it's probably one of my favorite poems as well. I thought it flowed really well and was really funny.
-bedell10e
Believe it or not i happen to ask my 7 year old sister and she expressed her love for humpty dumpty! I liked it alot when i was younger, because it reminded me of my brother since he was real clumsey. When I asked her why she simply replied that it was catchy!
In response to bedell22l,
I was really thinking about reading "The Raven" but i never really got around to it. I wanted to read a poem that might make me thin and you couldnt tell what it meant just by reading once. The only bad thing about it is that its kind of long but im definetly going to try and read it and again.
bedell04p
hey well this is a a response to bedell04p's response. I think you should reread The Raven. After bedell22l posted that i went and read the poem. I actually got around 3/4 done and i realized i was utterly confused. I finished reading it and then read it again and i sort of got it the second time. It definitely makes you think. I LOVE the way he rhymes and how the poem is written. Even thought i didnt fully comprehend it, I still enjoyed it. I also like the repetitive thing he has going on...."Only this and nothing more.”...It makes the whole thing feel more like a poem. Reread it, I think youd like it.
~bedell17m~
Post a Comment